5-Year Warranty through the manufacture no questions asked
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Lifetime Warranty on Machined Parts!
Free Ground Shipping in the US
SAS-XL versions have an added 5/8" length to the cylinder housing - giving you about 2" more travel at the swing arm for a total of approx 6". Ideal for custom bikes that are extra low and need the extra lift to raise the bike to a rideable height.
This unit has more travel than a stock Harley Davidson frame, therefore use of this unit is unnecessary.
NEW AND IMPROVED SAS:
Softail Air Suspension solves the problems with air rides & simplifies the install.
You can raise and lower the bike at the touch of a button. Add extra air to compensate for you passenger, then release some for solo riding. You can also release all the air and park your bike down on the ground.
Adjustable air pressure make for smooth comfortable ride under any condition.
No more bottoming out.
• Built in compressor
• Cylinder Pistons and Rods are doubled sealed
• Pre set dampening
• Easiest install on the market (no compressor to mount)
• Only 4 switch wires and 4 bolts and the remote air breather to complete the install
• Allows the full 4" of swing arm travel
• Quick connect fitting with improved convenient breather line
• No air lines to deal with or leak
• The pneumatic cylinders eliminate bottoming out
• All mechanical functions are protected in the durable CNC billet machined body
• Remote filtered air breather keeps compressor clean and dry
• All parts are CNC machined billet aluminum
• The main body is hard anodized and warranted for life
• Moving parts are oil-impregnated (permanent lubrication)
• All parts are completely and easily re-buildable
• CCCS offers a 3 year parts replacement warranty
The Benefits of an SAS Air Shock:
• Stay EPA Compliant on stock HD’s by not having to move canisters to make room for an ugly compressor.
• The SAS has an easy operation. Simply add air to increase firmness and release air to soften up the ride.
• Machined 6061 billet aluminum housing that is hard anodized for longevity, and durable to protect all mechanical functions inside.
• Pneumatic seals, and top quality O-rings are forever protected, and eliminate leaks.
• Remote filtered air breather allows you to hide the air intake under your seat keeping the unit from ever pulling in contaminated air.
• All Moving parts and bearings are permanently lubricated.
• Adjustable air pressure from 0 to over 250 psi.
The Simplified air suspension offers 3-4" of swing arm travel. At aprox. 150 psi the bike will be fully raised and the suspension will be resting on its piston bumpers at *maximum ride height*, after that your height will not change but you can continue to increase air pressure for improved riding during cornering or with a passenger. The *maximum ride height* is adjustable during the installation.
Our adjustable ride height, allows you to set the *maximum ride height* during installation, whether you enjoy your ride at stock height, or wish to ride the bike at a lower position. By simply increasing the mounting length from eye to eye of the shock you can lower the bikes *maximum ride height*. Lowering the bike reduces the swing arm travel, but with the convenience of an air shock you won't have to worry about bottoming out under any weight the bike may be carrying. With the SAS you can counter the weight with air pressure.
We recommend you consult an authorized dealer on how much you can lower your bike before safety becomes and issue.
You can increase the ride height by shortening the eye to eye mounting length.
Specs, for mounting, and adjusting *maximum ride height* :
The SAS XL-99 uses a female male rod end with 2 jam nuts to adjust the mounting length. If a longer length is needed you can get a longer 1/2" 20 threaded rod.
The SAS XL has a minimum eye to eye length of 11 7/8" and can be lengthened with supplied hardware. It can also be shortened with a male rod end. Or lengthened even more with a longer threaded rod.
Due to some frames bumpers you may not get the full 6" of travel, that also depends on the position you set the *maximum ride height* . Due to custom applications you may need to make adjustments specific to your application, but most custom frames are built to H/D measurements, as always - call us with questions, we are happy to help.
You do not want to tighten the rod ends down, there should be float.
Shoulder bolts should be used, any tension on the rod ends will cause the unit to bind up.
A SIMPLE WAY TO A BETTER RIDE, SINGLE OR DOUBLE